Cambodian Landscape

Cambodian Landscape

Friday, November 18, 2011

The unwelcomed visitor

Today we had an unwelcomed visitor in our apartment. I was sitting in a chair reading when I noticed something stretched out on the floor. I looked at it a few times and then I realized that is was a snake. Katy was in the next room and I didn’t want her to see it because I knew she would be scared, so I grabbed a shoe to try to smash it before Katy realized what I was doing.  Killing it with my shoe didn’t work so well, and Katy heard me and left the apartment.  As all this was going on, our language helper showed up for our lesson, and she is also terrified of snakes. Our language helper found a wooden club and handed it to me. With the club I was able to defeat our unwelcomed visitor. This is the first time we have seen a snake in Cambodia besides the huge ones at the zoo. Hopefully this is the first and the last time we’ll have an unwelcomed visitor.  What can I say, it’s always an adventure every day here in Cambodia.
- Alan

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! Thats so scary!
    Good Job though Alan, way to protect Katy!

    ReplyDelete